Building HTML 5 applications with facebook's react library from scratch.
- Why react matters--also for the enterprise
- Introducing react's concepts
- IDEs, editors, transcompilers and Co.
- The development cycle: from mock-up to working application
- Building, bundling and deploying react applications
- React with and without WebComponents
- Unit testing react applications
- Rendering data effectively
- Using JSX templates
- CSS styling with react
- React for complex applications
- Rethinking the MVC and MVP, designing complex applications
- Managing UI state
- Asynchronous tasks with React
- Integration with HTML 5 APIs like Service Workers, WebStorage
- Data binding
- Integration with REST-services and WebSockets
- Flux architecture
- Introducing redux
- Angular 2 vs. React
- [this agenda is agile and subject of change, more items to come]
In this workshop I would like to code a react app and explain the principles with code shared in real time with you. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
You should have sufficient rights to install binary software on your laptop like editors e.g. (Atom) or build tools like e.g. npm.
We will spend 80% of the time with code and the other half discussing the new APIs and features.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com