HTML 5, CSS 3 essentials for Java (EE) developers.
Tools, approaches and practices to build HTML 5 apps for Java EE backend.
Java EE knowledge or attendance at the Java EE Bootstrap workshop.
- What is HTML 5 and why should we (=Java developers) care
- CSS 3 introduction
- Using CSS 3 for page layout
- When CSS 3 is not enough--Sass
- Canvas, Geolocation, WebStorage, Microdata, Forms, Offline Apps, WebSockets and WebComponents
- WebFrameworks: ReactJS, Angular 2 and Flux architecture
- How to integrate HTML 5 apps with Java EE backend
- Responsive Design
- Tools, hacks and workarounds
- The return of "semi" static pages
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed 1.7 is optional. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
We will spend 50% of the time with code and the other half discussing the new APIs and features.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com