How to build web applications with webstandards only (=no migrations). CI / CD, tooling and shipping included.
Plain web platform is perfectly suitable to build responsive and lean applications quickly without any dependencies. Component reusability and application structure are covered by Web Components -- another standard.
This workshop is based on "SPA with web standards only" workshop and explains how to quickly build sustainable applications and websites.
Attendance at Web Essentials, Webstandards online training or adequate knowledge / experience.
We will build from scratch, without any external dependencies, a web application running in a browser (Single Page Application / Progressive Web Application) and cover:
- Future-proof design (no migrations)
- Architecting and designing MicroFrontends for MicroServices
- Structuring complex applications with Web Components
- Implementing token-based (JWT) authentication, authorization and backend integration
- Effective internationalization
- Brief Web Components introduction (shadow DOM, ES 6 templates, ES 6 imports, lazy loading, polyfills)
- Building and sharing reusable custom elements (web components)
- Lazy loading of application parts
- Complex state management, view coordination, complex data flows and MVC-like design
- flux with redux
- BCE structure for frontends
- Navigation and routing with or without 3rd party components
- Using and installing 3rd-party components, like grids / tables, charts or date pickers with SPAs
- When it gets complex: data binding, events and extensibility
- Asynchronous processing with
async, Promises and WebWorkers
- Implementing offline capabilities with Service Workers
- Mobile devices and building native-like applications
- Implementing native notifications and web push
- From Progressive Web Apps to Desktop Applicatons
- Offline applications
- Service Workers
- Native installers
- Effective End To End testing (E2E)
- Useful HTML 5 APIs, copy and paste, drag and drop, persistence, sharing, payments, geo location (...)
- Performance and debugging tools, hacks and workarounds
- Integration with Java EE backend, REST services, WebSockets and SSE events
- CI / CD integration
- Component API and interaction with existing Angular, ReactJS, Vue (...) applications
- With or without frameworks. ReactJS, Angular, EmberJS, Polymer, Vue.js vs. Vanilla ES6+
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
Environment requirements / prerequisites.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com