"Built to last" with webstandards only (=no migrations).
Programming experience and basic HTML knowledge.
- HTML 5 basics
- Web accessibility
- Productive development without frameworks
- Tools, hacks and workarounds
- Built-in and Custom Events
- CSS concepts and best practices
- Useful CSS animations
- Responsive design with grid and flex layout
- Modern Browser and DOM APIs
- Built-in modules and imports
- ES generators, iterators
- Offline applications
- Implementing WebSocket, HTTP and SSE communication
- Offline storage and caches
- DOM manipulations without jQuery
- Form validation and styling
- Navigation, routing and browser history
- Built-in and 3rd-party templates
- Databinding, virtual DOM concepts
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed node.js and npm is required, if you would like to execute your code on your machine. I will use NetBeans, WebStorm and / or Visual Studio Code for editing. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com