"Built to last" progressive applications with webstandards only (=no migrations).
Plain web platform is perfectly suitable to build responsive and lean applications quickly without any dependencies. Component reusability and application structure are covered by WebComponents -- another evolving standard.
This workshop is based upon "SPA with web standards only" workshop and explains how to build reusable and portable components with Polymer 3.0 for larger applications.
Attendance at Web Essentials, Webstandards online training or adequate knowledge / experience.
- WebComponents introduction
- Shadow DOM
- ES 6 templates
- ES 6 imports
- Custom Elements
- Integrating functional WebComponents like grids / tables, charts or date pickers with SPAs
- Data binding, events and extensibility
- Navigation and routing
- Building, testing and shipping
- Implementing offline capabilities with Service Workers
- Integration with Java EE backend, REST services, WebSockets and SSE events
- Publishing WebComponents
- Styling with CSS 3.0
- Using Polymer 3.0 as a minimalistic framework
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed node.js and npm is required, if you would like to execute your code on your machine. I will use WebStorm and / or Visual Studio Code for editing. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com