Web essentials for Java (EE) developers.
Before choosing between Angular2 or React,
Java SE / EE experience and basic HTML knowledge.
- Project setup: build and test
- Classes, types, functional programming and OO programming
- Built-in modules and imports
- Behind the scenes of AJAX
- Implementing WebSocket communication
- DOM manipulations without jQuery
- Native DOM events and the event delegation model in browser
- Short introduction to useful HTML 5 APIs like e.g. drag and drop, persistence, threading or caching
- CSS introduction
- Native WebComponents
- Offline applications with Service Worker
- Introducing next generation of CSS layouts
- CSS in larger projects
- Tools, hacks and workarounds
- Building HTML 5 applications without any additional frameworks
- Real world building, testing and deploying web applications
- Using Polymer 2.0 as a minimalistic framework
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed 1.8, node.js and npm is required, if you would like to execute your code on your machine. I will use NetBeans, WebStorm and Visual Studio Code for editing. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com