Jakarta EE enhanced with MicroProfile happily covers 80% of all enterprise use cases. This workshop covers the remaining 20%.
Advanced Java EE knowledge or attendance at the Effective Java EE workshop.
- ...and other vendor specific features of TomEE, Payara, WildFly and OpenLiberty
- Quarkus.io, Helidon.io, KumuluzEE (...)
- Asynchronous JDBC drivers
- Mixing serverless architectures with Java EE
- Apache Zookeeper - the HA foundation
- JMS, Apache Kafka, Apache Pulsar and Co. overview. Checkout: Streaming Architectures workshop for deeper coverage
- Apache Spark, Apache Flink, Streaming and RDD
- NoSQL vs. relational databases
- AI and Rule Engines integrations
- Cassandra, Elastic, PostgreSQL, MapDB and (...)
- Using Varnish and Squid as reverse proxies and transparent caches
- Integrating NoSQL databases with Jakarta EE and MicroProfile
- Implementing reactive applications with plain Jakarta EE and Java 13
- Reactive streaming and reactive programming with MicroProfile
- jnosql - the Jakarta EE API for NoSQL
- Clustering and replication techniques
- Using in-memory grids and caches (infinispan and hazelcast)
- Serialization, Externalization and optimizations
- Using gRPC, jGroups and other alternatives for service-to-service communication
- Building "unikernels" / native executables with GraalVM and quarkus
- Alternative communication and serialization protocols: Protocol buffers, gRPC, AMQP, Thrift, Kryo
- ...and most popular questions, topics and technologies from airhacks.tv
In this advanced workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
Environment requirements / prerequisites.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com