Building vanila MicroProfile applications / extending Jakarta EE with MicroProfile
MicroProfile can be used on dedicated runtimes or used to extend Jakarta EE capabilities. In this workshop we will cover both scenarios without slides.
Attendance at Effective Java EE, Java EE Microservices or similar project experience.
- Dedicated MicroProfile runtimes vs. full profile Java EE application servers
- Configuring and staging applications
- Implementing liveness and readiness probes with Health API
- Using Fallbacks, CircuitBreakers, Retries and thread pools for robustness
- JWT Authentication
- Combining JWT with Java EE 8 Security
- Exposing technical and business metrics
- Documenting REST endpoints with OpenAPI
- Inter-microservice tracing with OpenTracing
- Using Rest Client for Service-to-Service communication
In this advanced workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed Java 1.8(+), GIT-client and Maven 3 is required to run the examples. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com