Learn new Java EE 7 APIs, changes and additions.
I will introduce you to the new Java EE 7 features, as well as new releases of the already existing Java EE 6 APIs.
My goal is to give you an idea what can you expect with Java EE 7.
Advanced Java EE 6 knowledge or attendance at the Effective Java EE workshop. Java EE Architecture workshop attendance or comparable skills are recommended.
- Java EE 7 Platform Specification, JSR-342
- Java API for WebSocket, JSR-356
- Java API for JSON Processing, JSR-353
- JAX-RS 2.0: The Java API for RESTful Web Services, JSR-339
- Concurrency Utilities for Java EE (JSR-236)
- Java Server Faces 2.2 (JSR-344)
- Servlet 3.2
- Batch Applications for the Java Platform, JSR-352
- EJB 3.2 (JSR-345)
- Context and Dependency Injection (CDI) 1.1, JSR-346
- Java Persistence API (JPA) 2.1, JSR-338
- JMS 2.0 (JSR-343)
- Expression Language 3.0, JSR 341
In this advanced workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed JDK 1.6 / 1.7 is optional. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
We will spend 50% of the time with code and the other half discussing the new APIs and features.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com