Java EE 7 is productive, pragmatic and lean. A combination of Java EE 7 APIs with Java 8 functional features and extensions makes even more code superfluous and introduces fully new paradigms.
In this workshop I would like to present you ideas, examples and emerging (best) practices for Java EE 7 "on" Java 8.
Java EE experience or attendance at the Effective Java EE workshop.
- Intro to the new Java 8 features and APIs
- Combining CDI and Java 8
- Concurrency Utilities for Java EE and Java 8
- No-interface abstractions with Java EE 7 and Java 8
- Concurrency, parallelization and locking
- In-memory processing / analytics with Java 8
- Reactive programming with Java 8 and Java EE 7
- Impact of Java 8 on Java EE architectures
- JPA + Java 8 = more speed and power
- In-memory grids and Java 8
- Fluid logic with Java 8 and Java EE
- Data transformations
- Templating, configuration and DSLs
- Automation and test
- Real Time event processing
In this advanced workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed Java 1.8, GIT-client and Maven 3 is required to run the examples. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com