"Built to last" with webstandards only (=no migrations).
Programming experience and basic HTML knowledge.
- Productive development without frameworks and with minimalistic development requirements
- Testing, Debugging and performance profiling
- Standard DOM (UI Widget) Events and Custom Events
- HTML 5 foundation and API
- Dealing with user input
- Form validation and styling
- DOM manipulations without jQuery
- Web accessibility and power users
- Understanding CSS
- App layout with CSS grid and flex
- Targeting multiple devices with responsive design and with media queries
- Accessing backends via WebSocket, HTTP and SSE
- Offline storage and caches
- Navigation, routing and browser history
- Modern Browser and DOM APIs
- Offline applications
- Code organization and structure
- Legacy browser support and polyfills
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
Environment requirements / prerequisites.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com