In this workshop we will focus on real world testing, observability, monitoring, automation, CI/CD approaches for serverless Java and MicroProfile applications on AWS cloud.
Basic enterprise Java knowledge or attendance at a Java-related airhacks.live workshop.
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with Java, Maven and AWS CDK
- Saving time with reusable cloud "blocks"
- MicroProfile health checks, configuration, metrics, fault tolerance, distributed tracing on AWS cloud
- testable Infrastructure as Code
- local testing for AWS cloud
- using AWS CloudWatch, AWS CloudTrail, AWS X-Ray, for FaaS and microservice monitoring
- scraping MicroProfile metrics with CloudWatch
- dashboards, monitoring and alerts with CloudWatch
- CI/CD pipelines with AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy and CodePipeline
- debugging with CloudTrail
- notifications with Amazon Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Amazon Managed Service for Prometheus
- Amazon Managed Service for Grafana
- Using AWS Lambdas for automation
- DNS Health Checks with Route 53
- Monitoring AWS clusters
- CI/CD for and in AWS
- mocking and simulating
- stress testing Java backends on AWS
- using liveness, readiness probes, healthchecks and metrics in system tests
- continuous delivery and continous deployment pipelines
- monitoring, observability and testing
- how to expose relevant metrics
- using testcontainers
- hacks and tricks for testing and debugging in AWS
- profiling and performance analysis
- fault injection and chaos engineering
- simple and fast (Maven) builds
- using JUnit 5 features
- pragmatic unit-, integration-, and system testing
- parameterized tests and advanced asserts
- ...and most popular questions, topics and technologies from airhacks.tv
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com