In this workshop we will focus on real world testing approaches for backend Java, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile applications.
Basic enterprise Java knowledge or attendance at a Java-related airhacks.live workshop.
- simple and fast (Maven) Builds
- using JUnit 5 features
- pragmatic unit-, integration-, and system testing
- parameterized tests and advanced asserts
- pragmatic code coverage
- testing for and in the clouds
- mocking and simulating
- stress testing Java backends
- using liveness, readiness probes, healthchecks and metrics in system tests
- continuous delivery and continous deployment pipelines
- using Java Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder during tests
- monitoring, observability and testing
- how to expose relevant metrics
- CI/CD automation with or without Jenkins
- using testcontainers
- hacks and tricks for testing and debugging in the clouds
- profiling and performance analysis
- fault injection and chaos engineering
- using containers for database tests
- testing Kafka applications
- ...and most popular questions, topics and technologies from airhacks.tv
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com