Containers, Kubernetes, Serverless services and databases, functions and services on AWS with plain MicroProfile and Jakarta EE
Java EE / Jakarta EE / MicroProfile knowledge (I will use Java EE concepts to explain deployments, containers, metrics, configuration).
- private vs. public clouds
- the killer use cases for private clouds
- the killer use cases for public clouds
- costs, productivity, maintainability trade-offs
- modernization, refactorings and "lift-and-shift"
- CI/CD pipeliens
- on-premise, colocation vs. public cloud deployment
- optimizing for deployment speed, performance, startup-time and RAM
- Java deployments to: Lightsail,Beanstalk, ECS / Fargate, EKS, AWS Lambda
- Monitoring with CloudWatch (...)
- Authentication and Authorization with Cognito
- Using S3, RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB (...) as persistence layer
- interacting with AWS services from Java
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) with CloudFormation, aws CLI, opensource AWS tools and Terraform
- TBD (agenda is going to be expanded with current services, airhacks.tv questions etc.)
- ...and most popular questions, topics and technologies from airhacks.tv
In this advanced workshop I would like to demonstrate use cases to run cloud native Java / Jakarta EE / MicroProfile applications in public AWS cloud. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed Java 16(+), GIT-client and Maven 3 is required to run the examples. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I will use my AWS account to live deploy the applications and explain various AWS services.
Environment requirements / prerequisites.
I/we will spend 60% of the time in code--it also highly depends on your questions.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com