Combining Java and Cloud best practices.
All examples, attendees' requests, and suggestions will be committed to a git repository in real-time.
Basic Java SE / Java EE / Jakarta EE / MicroProfile experience.
After a a short introduction to AWS basics (VPC, IAM, accounts, storage and organizations), we will cover the topics:
- Building serverless applications with Maven
- How to create a self-provisioned serverless application with Java?
- What is the granularity of a function?
- What is the difference between a function and a microservice?
- Are synchronous functions an anti-pattern?
- How to efficiently structure Java applications' business and IaC code
- How to test serverless applications
- ...and most popular questions, topics and approaches from airhacks.tv
In this advanced (and fun) workshop we will discuss, implement and deploy serverless Java applications considering patterns and best practices. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed Java 17 (AWS Lambda currently only runs on Corretto 17), GIT-client, AWS CLI, and Maven 3 is required to run the examples. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I will use my AWS account to live deploy the applications and explain various AWS services.
I/we will spend 80% of the time in code--it also highly depends on your questions.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com