Combining Java and Cloud best practices.
All examples, attendees' requests, and suggestions will be committed to a git repository in real-time.
Basic Java SE / Java EE / Jakarta EE / MicroProfile / Cloud experience.
After a a short introduction to AWS basics (VPC, IAM, accounts, storage and organizations), we will cover the topics:
- users, groups and roles with IAM
- multi account design and organizations
- SSO and AWS IAM identity center
- EC2, containers and Lambda - from security perspective
- managing secrets with Secret Manager and System Manager
- managing certificates for Route 53 and AWS Certificate Manager
- Amazon Cognito, user management, authentication and authorization
- OIDC with ALB
- lambda authorizers for API Gateways
- deploying AWS Lambdas into private VPCs / private endpoints
- FunctionURL authentication and authorization
- authentication with 3rd party providers and Cognito
- OIDC and oauth
- integration with MicroProfile JWT (Quarkus)
- JWT with additional scopes
- using secrets from Java applications
- CLI authentication
- encrypting and decrypting with AWS SDKs
- network security
- serverless applications from security perspective
- ...and most popular questions, topics and approaches from airhacks.tv
In this advanced (and fun) workshop I will discuss, implement and deploy all examples with Java CDK. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed Java 17 (AWS Lambda currently only runs on Corretto 17), GIT-client, AWS CLI, and Maven 3 is required to run the examples. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I will use my AWS account to live deploy the applications and explain various AWS services.
I/we will spend 80% of the time in code--it also highly depends on your questions.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-] adam-bien.com