"Built to last" with webstandards only (=no migrations).
Programming experience and basic HTML knowledge.
- HTML 5 basics
- Form validation and styling
- Tools, hacks and workarounds
- DOM Events and Custom Events
- CSS concepts and best practices
- Useful CSS animations
- App layout with grid and flex
- Targeting multiple devices with responsive design and with media queries
- Modern Browser and DOM APIs
- Built-in modules and imports
- ES generators, iterators
- Offline applications
- Accessing backends via WebSocket, HTTP and SSE
- Introduction to Web APIs like
- Offline storage and caches
- DOM manipulations without jQuery
- Navigation, routing and browser history
- Built-in and 3rd-party templates
- Web accessibility
- Databinding, virtual DOM concepts
- Dealing with legacy browsers
- Productive development without frameworks, dependencies and without downloading "the world"
In this workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
Environment requirements / prerequisites.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com