Building MicroProfile applications with Quarkus
Quarkus is new, yet proven and familiar, runtime for building MicroProfile applications.
Attendance at Effective Java EE, Java EE Microservices or similar project experience.
- The Jakarta EE foundation: JSON-P, JSON-B, CDI and JAX-RS
- Implementing liveness and readiness probes with Health API
- Fault tolerance: Using Fallbacks, CircuitBreakers, Retries and thread pools for robustness
- JWT Authentication
- Exposing technical and business metrics
- Documenting REST endpoints with OpenAPI
- Inter-microservice tracing with OpenTracing
- Using Rest Client for Service-to-Service communication
- Configuration with MicroProfile config
- Reactive Messaging with Kafka, SSE, and JMS
- Reactive Streams Operators
- Quarkus on HotSpot
- Targeting native environments
- Using Panache as alternative persistence layer
- Building Quarkus extensions
- Java EE to Quarkus migrations
In this advanced workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
A developer laptop with pre-installed Java 1.8(+), GIT-client and Maven 3 is required to run the examples. You can run the examples if you like, or "hack" along with me, but taking notes is perfectly viable as well.
I/we will spend 90% of the time in code.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com