Accidentally Jakarta EE and MicroProfile are not only well suited as microservice runtimes, they provide us a perfect programming and deployment model for the clouds.
In this workshop we will focus on private, public and hybrid clouds with Jakarta EE and MicroProfile.
Java EE experience or attendance at the Java EE Microservices workshop.
- "cloud native" Java EE
- brief introduction to docker and microservices (already covered in the Java EE Microservices workshop)
- public, private and hybrid clouds
- clouds deployment models
- ThinWARs and ThinJARs
- integration of cloud APIs and services
- serverless runtimes
- Jakarta EE / MicroProfile and serverless
- FaaS, Functions, Lambdas
- Cloud Events
- Event stores
- Streaming architectures
- Pub / Sub and P2P in the clouds
- data stores in the clouds
- what is cloud native?
- CI / CD and clouds
- deploying to Google Cloud Platform, AWS and Microsoft azure
- GCP, AWS and azure Java SDKs
- Using and integrating cloud SDKs with Java EE / Jakarta EE and MicroProfile
- private clouds
- cloud native for "traditional" enterprise applications
- infrastructure automation with ansible and terraform
In this advanced workshop I would like to explain the most significant features with working code and prepared examples. As a reference, you will get a GIT repository with all snippets and solutions, as well as prepared sample applications.
Environment requirements / prerequisites.
Feel free to contact me / register via email: workshops[-AT-]adam-bien.com